Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Marie Antoinette Baby Basket


Inspired by Marie Antoinette's dresses and pretty cakes
I made this Moses Basket.
I watched the movie with a pen and paper in hand and took details
of all the colours and decorations they used.
I wanted to make a few baby beds in that style.
Here is the first one.




The bed looks like a raspberry and pistachio 
cream cake...


I will make a plain off-white blanket with  
a little bit of pink for choice.






At the end of the net I stitched a thin 
satin ribbon. 






I think the top of the bed came out perfect; matching the bed.
I put net under the material to make it puff out.


I hope you have a great week.
Hugs.

Today I will be joining in with White Wednesday
on Friday with Show and Tell Friday





4 comments:

  1. this is absolute great! never seen something like this bevore. love love love it so much! best wishes and a nice week! di
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely gorgeous! What incredible talent you have. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wat een pracht van een wieg is dit.
    die ben je zo kwijt, want wie wil er nu niet zo,n prachtige exclusieve wieg hebben.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! where did you get the stand from? I would love to get a stand like that for my new granddaughter due in 5 weeks.
    Loraine

    ReplyDelete