Thursday, June 2, 2011

Towel Wraps and Covered Soap...

I had to think very hard about what I could make and show...
All I make these days are baby beds and pouches and it is becoming a bit monotonous.
I haven't made these towel wraps in a long time, so here are a few.




Nice and simple, no frills this time.
I bought he main fabric a few years ago in France.


They are very easy to make.
 The fabric I used is a kind of upholstery material,
quite thick so I didn't have to line it.
If you use lighter material then you need to line it.


I hemmed the edge to the front and zig-zagged it, so the back looks tidy,
then I stitched  nice lace all around it and finished with Velcro closing.




I wrapped it around four small towels
and use them in the guest bathroom.


Here I show how to cover hand-soap,
yes, I cover them!






I hope you have a lovely weekend,
xoxo

I am joining in with  Show and Tell
                                                  Vintage Inspiration Friday
                                     and  Feathered Nest Friday


10 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! Love the idea of wrapping the soap, I make soap, may be I'll try it, but I'm not that talented, If I do it I will let you know how it went. Thank you!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of a towel wrap, but I love it. I never tire of your blog!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented with the lace, and those wraps for the soaps and towels are precious. What an elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen such towel wraps before but that's such a wonderful idea and they look beautiful. That applies for the covered soap as well. I guess I love everything that is covered with lace :-).
    Have a great day!
    Hugs to you,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Angela, thanks for visiting my blog, and I love everything you have here, it looks so romantic, you are very talented.
    Have a wonderful day!
    XOXOXOXO
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I ever have a B&B, which we talk about all the time, I must remember to make towel wraps and soap covers. I bet we would get a 5 star rating with that kind of extra touch. :) So glad you stopped by. Have a wonderful weekend. ~ Lynn @thevintagnest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela lace adorns the threads of time, pale and delicate, soft as wings but strong on the weave of life, my friend, you've been given the Spirit of Creativity and you honor it well. Blessings Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angela,
    your towel wraps are absolutely beautiful!!!
    hat a wonderful idea.Love it.
    Have a great Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angela, what a gorgeous idea! These are really beautiful and so sweet and feminine. So glad you shared these at VIF! xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete