Saturday, July 13, 2013

Jackpot!... Antique Lace..

We're back from our trip to Holland.
It was auction time again and because my daughter and I
started an online BROCANTE store, we need to get 
some more one-of-a-kind treasures.


This time I won a bid on two boxes, one with 
handmade antique lace and one with vintage linen.
Most of the lace was stained, it took a few days of soaking
and washing to get it back to its original splendor.







I love this one, meters of pretty bows and garlands.


These are perfect for pillowcases and sheets.


We also won a bid on these pretty plates,
a perfect shade of pink.


Amazing lace..


Ironstone dinner set..




I can't imagine how someone can make this
fine and delicate lace, it must have taken months to complete 
the few meters I have here.


During a stroll through the town of Alkmaar where I grew up,
I took this pretty picture. 
I love the curtain billowing out of window..


A small street called 'Fnidsen' is my favorite.
It has a wonderful shop named  Twin Arts 
It gives me inspiration on how to display my items,
and gives me new ideas to create.




Visiting Alkmaar, you can't escape going to the 
cheese market on Friday.. 








I love the patina of this picture frame, 
I'll take it with me when choosing paint for a chair 
or table..
The baby in the picture?   I bid on an old album...
and won it!


I had two orders for a baby blue baby pouch,
here they are..




and a matching bonnet..




It is great to be back in blogland!
I hope you have a great week.
xoxo



9 comments:

  1. Witaj :)
    Też kocham koronki i styl buduarowy!!!
    wszystko co szyjesz jest cudne!!
    Pozdrawiam Beata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaah had ik dat geweten dat je naar Alkmaar ging!!! wij wonen naast Alkmaar en ik had je nog zoveel leuke winkel-adresjes weten te vertellen. Twin arts is ook een van mijn favorieten.
    Wat een geweldig mooie kant heb je gevonden!
    Groetjes, Sas

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous fun stuff! I can't wait to look in your shop!
    Hearts,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretty things--love the lace! I bet you just can't find enough lace--the older laces are so extra pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Angela,
    You had quite some great scores on antique lace! It is worth the soaking and stain treatment. You will certainly know how to go about that!
    Have you ever tried 'waterstof peroxide'? I wrote it in Dutch but you know.
    Lovely blue frame and you came back with lots of inspiration; no doubt!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you had me at lace! I love when I find gorgeous vintage lace and that is gorgeous!!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful finds! And lovely photos from your trip. What a beautiful place to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. śliczne koronki i porcelana Pozdrawiam ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the set of dishes, did it sell?
    hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete