Thursday, May 12, 2011

Curtain redo..

Today I had to do something about those boring Ikea curtains,
they are those pre-stitched cotton ones.
I found vintage lace valance last month and I thought it would look nice on my Ikea curtains.
I saw this style in France, with lighter cotton though, tied up with ribbons.



Try to ignore the neighbours having lunch across the street!


In the evening I can just lower the bow to let the curtains down a bit.


How I wish to look out into a rose garden, may be one day...
Today is not my day...

I hope you have a great weekend.
xoxo




3 comments:

  1. so pretty!
    romantic and chic!
    gorgeous photos!
    happy day,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, it's so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Angela,

    You've improved your outlook quite a bit with those lace valences! Very cleverly done; as is your trademark. Looked at your previous posts too and admired your cameos. The very first piece of jewelry that Pieter bought me was a vintage cameo, from a jewelry store in Eindhoven. They sold estate jewelry too. Love that piece and mine shows a very friendly young lade. Not always do faces turn out lovely; it is quite an intricate artwork.
    Wonder how those antique lace hooks were used?
    Lots of love,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete